It’s been a long time since I’ve subbed someone >400 lines… So painful. It’s also sad to see that hardly any shows have topped the writing and execution of Toradora! One could only hope…
Archive for the 'Toradora!' Category
Yes, taking fansubbing seriously. It has been quite a while since we last did zero days subs toka…
I would like to write a tl;dr wall of bitching but since it’s the last episode of Toradora… I think I shouldn’t -v-;
However, there is one thing you must understand: ranting about fansubbing doesn’t mean I hate it, it just shows that how much I love it.
Anyway, I was surprised how well JCStaff pulled off this ending… I guess the shitty episode 24 was for this reason, eh? (A++++++++)
Well, enjoy your final episode!
P.S. Thanks to all who helped/supported us on Toradora for these past 20~ weeks!
So while waiting for the edit on Toradora, I was linked to a True Tears episode subbed by m.3.3.w on youtube. After watching it, I kinda reflected on fansubbing as a whole.
18 months ago, I just started to watch fansubs. The first group I’ve followed was m.3.3.w, starting from Myself;Yourself, up until I started fansubbing. I remember camping out on m.3.3.w’s website waiting for the next episode of Shigofumi/True Tears to be released, it was kind of a weekly thing to do and I kinda enjoyed doing so. I even chatted on their cbox, talking to others about random stuff, etc.
Then I made one really retarded mistake: Deciding to fansub.
I thought it’d be AWSOME to subtitle anime like the guys who did as of that moment. I thought fansubbing would be fun where everyone is nice to each other and help each other out, but I was wrong.
Fansubbing is a job for niggers. It is not fun at all because fansubbers themselves take away the fun. It is more of a competition and trollfest rather than trying to bring out subs to fans. Moreover, you have to deal with intergroup drama and bullshit other niggers give to you. Most people (including me) find it more fun to ruin other groups and bash the fuck out of them than to actually sub something, because that’ is the definition of “fansubbing” nowadays. That’s why you get lazy fucking groups who takes weeks to get an episode out, while as the whole process takes less than 24 hours. Guess what they’re doing? Discussing how other subs suck (I do that sometimes too and I enjoy it; feels good, man).
As you can imagine, it’s somewhat of a nightmare. Ever since I started it, I couldn’t enjoy anime like I used to. Shit like WARPSHARPING and ALPHATIMING grasps my attention more than panty shots. In other words, fansubbing ruined my anime watching experience, it’s just a price you’ve got to pay for fansubbing. Shit sucks. And the worst thing of all: Once you get into it, you can’t get out of it (I do it for epenis 8D).
I sincerely hope Crunchyroll simulcasts everything so that there will be no excuses of fansubbing to live on anymore.
tl;dr If you truly like anime, do yourself a favor and don’t ever fansub because fansubbing is for egoistical niggers who think they’re better than all the others but they’re not.
That is my rant for today, enjoy your shitty confession scene (wtf jcstaff)
Okay, let me make a few things clear (It looks like I have to every single fucking week):
1) I’m not really sure if it’s a “drop” or not, but I’m sure it’ll be quite a stall. As you see, I was sick last week due to pushing myself too much (durr), however, I do hope you understand I am a student, I study, I have homework, I have exams to worry about. Anyhow, I am also prioritizing Toradora over everything else I’m doing because I enjoy it the most, I believe most of you do, too. Doing 4 shows this season was somewhat of a mistake. I planned 3, but the 4th one just somehow… “happened”. So I apologize for letting down people who are looking forward to it. m(_ _)m
2) Regarding donations: Please, a donation is a donation, you’re not “donating” to us so that we’d sub a show. I will continue to sub no matter if I receive donations or not. It’s just that donations help us to smooth things out and make things easier. I am doing this as a hobby, I enjoy it. So if you’re planning to “donate” to us so that we will sub something: don’t donate, I mean it.
This episode took longer with the new OP/ED and fucking retarded tl;dr dialogue (well, I also decided Toradora wasn’t worth losing sleep because there was no competition).
I would personally like to thank StillDaggerX for translating the OP/ED, Kokizzzle for editing it, and Koda for styling it -v-;
A few things:
1) You will need the latest vsfilter to view the OP properly (old vsfilter will still work, but it won’t be as fabulous), so please download the latest CCCP. You can choose to just update the vsfilter.
2) I would like to thank the people who donated. And also, the donation list has been updated with a target/goal amount and what it will be used for (We’re not going to put a huge TARGET IS $X, because we believe people who don’t want to donate shouldn’t be bothered by it).
3) Please visit our editor’s blog. I promised to link him, so lol -v-;
Anyway, enjoy your new OP/ED and the leadin to the final arc.
Wow, I didn’t know that many people cared about Toradora… lol… -v-;
So about our new and fabulous donation button:
*insert your usual comment about WE NEED MONEY $_$* Actually, it’s for getting a faster server (specs/speed/etc) for faster encoding/releasing purpose (contradictory to popular belief, no one here is bothered to rape their own PCs for >6 hours ). So, uh, yeah, if you something to spare, donate it to us; if you don’t, don’t bother and ignore the button. thanks.
Anyway, enjoy your bitch fight.